In my experience, the church spends a lot of time talking about God as Lord, Savior, Comforter, Provider, and so on. These are all true, albeit insufficient in and of themselves. One title that I have rarely heard talked about is friend. In John, Jesus calls the 12 apostles His friends, saying, “I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you.”
As the Lord removed from me all the crutches I was using to make my own way, He took me into the “desert” and taught me about being His friend. He showed me why “friendship” and what it looks like. He taught me how to ask better questions and even how to be a good friend to Him. He taught me how I can invite Him into every area of my life, not just Sundays (or Saturday nights if you do that).
“Friendship with God” is an invitation to learn new ways of knowing and experiencing God as a friend. It is the invitation to a life of adventure, satisfaction, and transformation.
* week 1 – Friendship with God
* week 2 – Talking with God
* week 3 – Processing with God
* week 4 – Disappointment with God
* week 5 – Hoping with God
* week 6 – Laughing/Playing with God
* week 7 – Working with God
* week 8 – Community with God
* week 9 – A friend to God
* week 10 – Wrap up – so now what?
- Live Zoom training every week
- Q&A weekly session
- Private Facebook group