“there’s nothing better than ___fill in the blank___.”
you could say a lot of things. nothing better than…
- a perfect sunset with mountains in the backdrop
- watching a thunderstorm from a porch on a summer afternoon
- the first kiss from the one you love
- saying “i do” to the one you want to spend your life with
- waking up excited to go to work because you love what you are doing
- playing with the kids you have prayed for and for years not been able to have
all those are great things. they aren’t the best.
as i spent a lot of time in bed and on the couch this weekend i thought a lot about certain things mulling around in my mind over recent weeks. lies believed, why i have believed them so strongly, why i haven’t been able to let them go.
and then the revelation came. He showed me the weight of my sin. the grossness of my pride. my judgement.
all the while as i felt the weight of sin He showed the glory of being covered by His blood.
there is NOTHING better that seeing the weight of our sin and the grace He has for us in spite of it.
nothing. there is nothing better. no thunderstorm or wedding. no kiss, no kid, no job is better than that very truth.
i pray that i am shown the “much” i am forgiven that i may love “much”.
Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little. Luke 7:47